Only four years later

Only four years later
This is Jon in April 2010

Saturday, April 10, 2010

History

This all started around June 2007, I was driving an 18 wheeled tractor-trailer cross country, when I met up with my wife Linda's brother Scott. We met up in Tennessee at a Love's truck stop. I had ants in my truck so Scott bought me some bug spray. He was always good about spending his dime to help people out. I sprayed the cab of my truck and we went into eat. We came out and went to our respective tucks for the night. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. Sleep in a truck filled with bug spray. Anyway, I began a chronic, dry cough about this time. Every time I went home, which was about every 2 weeks Linda would tell me to go t0 the doctor to check out why I am coughing so much. Well, I finally went in December 2007. My Dr., Dr. Collette took an x-ray and referred me to a Pulmonologist. The Pulmonologist ran a battery of tests including a Pet scan, CT scan, and a Bronchoscopy which is a lung biopsy. He diagnosed me with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. This is the same disease my mother died as a result of in 2005. Talk about scared!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Bug spray, and sleeping. Hmmmmm ! And, gas fumes too? Yes, I meant the truck's gas fumes. Er, well, I guess the other might have been applicable too, if you were eatin' at one of those the yummy truck stops I love so much! LOL nice post. Think you should share this with Mike Ward. I don't have a new email for him. But, I will track him down. I know he would like to check in with you. Hope this sunny day is treating you well. I am getting more appreciative of my life, just being reminded of you! I really meant of Linda having to live with you. LOL

Wendy said...

ok... have to laugh. I was just doing the sign out part of commenting and the word I had to type was
feces. No lie. What is that Sh _ _ ! about?

Wendy said...

I am sending you the "Photo" of feces from the captcha via email