Only four years later

Only four years later
This is Jon in April 2010

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 62

Wow, I have passed the 2 month mark. The doctors say that at 3 months I will feel a dramatic improvement. I can't wait. A few days ago I overdid it and walked 7 to 10 miles and really struggled to get back home. It took me 3 or 4 days to recover. I'm better, but not as good as I was. I will stick to smaller bites each time. Food taste bland, but starting to taste again. My stroke stricken right side is still weak.Getting better, just not quick enough for me. We had an offer from a friend, who just relocated to Louisville, Kentucky, and bought a big house, to come live with them. What a wonderful offer. I can't leave my doctors for a while yet, as I have to go for follow-up visits and tests bi-weekly. I am trying to stay busy at home, but it's tough and boring. Good news, still gaining a little weight. I'm up to about 164lbs. My great neighbors have been cutting my grass because the doctors don't want me to do any gardening or be outside while people are doing yard work. Eventually, I will be able to do these mundane chores. With the immune system being shut down to prevent my body rejecting the new lungs I am more susceptible to diseases, spores and bacteria. A small price to pay, believe me. Anyone have any ideas how to keep the mind busy, please leave some comments. Actually all comments would be welcome.  I would just like to know that someone is actually reading this blog. Don't be afraid to tell someone that you Love them. You never know when they may not be around anymore.

2 comments:

Garage Studio said...

Hey Jon, this is great. I really appreciate the franskness of your writing and the urgency of your message.

Maybe you could write the history blog every Thursday and the "latest news" blog every Monday, so we can read more often and in smaller doses.

Love to you and Linda (aka Superwoman!).

Wendy said...

I love that you are beginning to heal and that you are bored. It sounds like you are getting back to your little cranky self. LOL Hey there, just sitting here in NYC and I have lots of research to do. You probably would like some of it. I know you are a computer junkie. I think you should put up a facebook page, and load in all your life photos. It would be fun, and I think it would link people easier to get to read your blog. Facebook is awesome for finding new friends, and since temporarily you have to hang around the house, I will bet you will have fun seeking for buddies on Facebook. Let me know if you need help setting it up. I only know a little bit, my kids set it up for me, and they made me set up one for my parents so I learned a bit. :) Give Linda a hug for me. I will be back from NYC on Monday. We can talk then, right now I am working on two projects here so I am slammed up. Can't sleep ...the city energizes me and the creativity and beauty all around is so inviting. Wish you were here.